Sunday, July 24, 2022 5:26 PM
A ladder truck was available at Wildman’s on South Buffalo Street early Saturday morning in case the fire was needed. Luckily it was contained in bags of towels, uniforms, etc. Photo by Gary Nieter, Times-Union
A fire early Saturday morning at the Wildman Business Group, 800 S. Buffalo St., Warsaw, is still under investigation.
Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory Public Information Officer Max Kinsey said the fire was contained in bags of clothing, towels, etc., and the heat source for the fire was still undetermined Sunday evening.
Damage was estimated at $100,000 to property and contents.
The Warsaw Fire Department was dispatched to the blaze at 3:28 a.m. Saturday after the water flow alarm went off at 3:24 a.m.
“Once crews entered to investigate, they saw a light haze and the situation escalated as they headed towards the back of the building,” Kinsey said.
Firefighters ventilated the building after the fire was brought under control with two Titus (ventilation) fans, with the fan stationed in Warsaw and the other from Silver Lake.
Leesburg, Silver Lake and Winona Lake Fire Departments were called to help.
Submit a comment
Please complete the form below to submit a comment.
* indicates a required field
A comment must be approved by our staff before it is posted on the website.
- Lark Adventurewear Goes Beyond Children’s Clothing with New Women’s Line | Daily break
- ‘I lost confidence in the police’: clothing bank CEO says DPD failed to arrest burglary suspect three times
- Plugged In offers vintage clothing, sneakers
- Imran Khan’s remark on ‘women’s clothing’ attracts flak and Pakistani woman to Forbes Next 1000 list – ThePrint